Tuesday, April 1, 2014

News flash--

So as I hinted at in my previous post I didn't keep up with the blog like AT ALL...it's been almost 2 years from when I wrote that insert that I pasted into my previous post!! Holy cow time sure does fly!! So what's new and what's changed and what's still the same? 

Well we are still happily married (obviously we are still a team hints the name) my son is almost 5 years old! (I'm not ready for a kindergartener!! Granted we have been in pre-k for 2 years I'm just not ready to have a kindergartener!!) he is still in soccer! And we no longer live in that apartment. 

In January of 2013 we moved from that apartment to a condo on what we called "the island" or "the spit" it was basically a strip of land created by a hurricane and only connected by a small 2 lane road. We loved it the beach to the bay was literally our back yard and boy do I miss that especially with the weather getting warmer (finally!!!! This winter was awful!!!) but we quickly out grew that condo and in August we moved into a house a few streets down from the condo for the remainder of that lease. However we later found out that the house was up for sale so we started looking into places to move. Then the worst happened. The government shut down and hubby was furloughed. So we ended up moving into my grandparents house which was a life saver so that we could get on our feet and everything back to a "safe zone" which we are still steadily working on! 

We also have gotten to become close with my sons paternal family which we couldn't be more happy about it's what I had longed for all along to have an overly involved and connected huge family for my son to love and enjoy having as his cheerleaders and be able to enjoy everyone all in one place and traditions with all of the people who love him! 

We also got to have an amazing Christmas! Because we moved in the middle of the school year Boog actually ended up with a month off from school (trust me this will NEVER happen again I hated that he had I stop going to the awesome pre-k class he was in on "the spit" but the city we moved to didn't have any immediate openings for the pre-k classes in the early discoveries program) so we ended up taking a 2 week vacation to a snow resort about 4 hours away and had a blast! We even took our Christmas tree with us and had Santa visit while we were there! 

Then the first week of January we got the call saying that boog had a place in the pre-k program! And he loves it! We have had like 6 snow days and we had a "deep freeze" (it was in the negative!) we got the chance to take Lucas sledding down a hill for the first time and he was an adrinaline junky! Next stop snow boarding! Mommy can't wait! 

He also had his first real school program where he had lines and everything! And we did he final mile for operation smile in the shamrock marathon. And I think that pretty much brings us up to date! 

No comments:

Post a Comment